Projects & Partners
The early focus of the Commission will be on the global challenge of groundwater salinity. This is a cross-cutting issue linked to a number of other key themes including drinking water constrains, irrigation, climate change and urbanisation.
- Groundwater Salinity Map for Africa
- Global Groundwater Salinity Map
- Groundwater Quality Special Issue in STOTEN
- Consultation on Groundwater Quality
Other topics the commission will focus on are listed below, activates are not limited to these topics and will ultimately depend on the level of interest from the members and sub-groups formed as part of the commission.
- Microbial contamination
- Nitrate and pesticides
- Urban groundwater quality
- Substances of emerging concern
- Geogenic contaminants